Terms and Conditions - General
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Hudson’s Hounds terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract.
2. Hudson’s Hounds will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
3. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice (for dog walking clients) via cash or bank transfer. If payment is not made within this time 2.5% of the total bill will be added for each day that payment is overdue.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Hudson’s Hounds, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
5. Keys should be made available at the client consultation. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment charges will be applied for each trip. This is charged at £5.
6. The client must provide Hudson’s Hounds with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Hudson’s Hounds reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Hudson’s Hounds.
8. Hudson’s Hounds must be alerted to any behavioral problems with their pets at the time of consultation. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
9. Although Hudson’s Hounds holds Public Liability insurance, pets should be insured by the client. We reserve the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
10. Hudson’s Hounds will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Hudson’s Hounds cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care. Particularly if they are left at home, in a secure garden or with access to a cat flap.
11. All keys are stored in a lockable key safe with no identifiable address marks.
12. All arrival times are estimates and traffic, bad weather and medical emergencies will impact on any timings. The owner will be notified of a major delay. e.g. more than 1 hour.
13. If the client requests windows to be left open the Hudson’s Hounds will not accept any liability for unauthorized people entering the property.
14. If there are reactive behavior issues with any dog please make sure Hudson’s Hounds are made fully aware of the triggers. eg if your dog chases cyclists, cars, men, or exhibits any unusual behavior then we must know so we can take reasonable steps to avoid the situations. As professional dog walkers we can be arrested and charged under section 3 of The Dangerous Dogs Act if a dog is not under proper control in a public place.
15. Hudson’s Hounds will not accept any for the 4 dog breeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1871 for dog walking/daycare. These are listed as Pit bull Terrier or cross breed, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Brasileiro.
1. Proof of vaccinations must be supplied prior to contract and updated annually. All dogs should have vaccinations annually including kennel cough.
2. All dogs must have a correctly fitted collar& ID tag with owners contact details. Hudson’s Hounds will supply a tag for the walk/visit with our details as well.
3. All dogs must be micro-chipped. This will be checked annually by us via our scanner.
4. We do not take puppies under 6 months old.
5. All dogs that we look after must be neutered/spayed.
6. Dogs must not show any signs of aggressive behavior otherwise the contract will be terminated.
7. All dogs need to have been socialized and behave well around other dogs. If they are reactive they will be walked away from other dogs.
8. All dogs will be walked on leads. We provide long lines for this purpose. This is a condition of our insurance and keeps them safe.
9. All dogs must have a regular parasite treatment.
10. All dogs being walked must undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialized.
11. Hudson’s Hounds reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
12. Hudson’s Hounds reserves the right to change walks to house/garden visits in extreme weather conditions. Dogs will not be walked in extreme heat above 25 degrees. This reduces the risk of heat stroke and death. This is in compliance with The Animal Welfare Act 2006.
13. All illness needs to be notified to Hudson’s Hounds. If you dog has vomiting or diarrhoea then walks will be changed to house visits to prevent the risk of transmitting disease and being unable to completely cleanse the outside area. The dog will need to be clear of diarrhoea for 48 before walking can recommence in a public place.
1) Hudson’s Hounds will not be liable for any injury, loss or death of your pet/s with access to the outdoors. e.g. cat flap/locked garden.
2) Hudson’s Hounds will take adequate steps to ensure that your home is safe and secure in your absence, however we cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pets.
3) We ask that you provide enough food, bedding, cat litter for the entire booking. All cost incurred by Hudson’s Hounds will be reimbursed by the owner on their return. We will provide receipts.
4) If your pet requires medication please make us aware. Please ensure that adequate supplies of medication are available
5) All pets must be in good health and have current up to date vaccinations.
6) If it becomes necessary your pet will be taken to a veterinary surgery. You are responsible for any fees that are incurred during your absence. All reasonable steps will be taken to contact you first, should you not be contactable then Hudson’s Hounds will act in the best interests of the animal as laid out by the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and in conjunction with a registered Veterinary surgeon.
7) Keys should be available when the client consultation is carried out. If they are not then it is the owner’s responsibility to deliver the keys to Hudson’s Hounds prior to the booking. We can pick the keys up but this will incur a charge of £5.
1. All bookings are subject to a 50% non – refundable deposit payable in advance.
2. Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hours in advance or the full rate will be charged.
3. Clients must notify the veterinary surgery that Hudson’s Hounds will be attending the appointment on their behalf and ensure that the arrangements for payment have been made with either Hudson’s Hounds or the veterinary practice.
4. Any owner wishing to accompany Hudson’s Hounds whilst an animal is transported accepts that they do so at their own risk and that Hudson’s Hounds do not accept any liability for any accident, injury or delay incurred during transportation.
Damage & injury
1. Hudson’s Hounds will not be liable for any damage or injury caused by your pet/s unless we can be shown to be negligent.
2. Hudson’s Hounds will not be liable for any theft or damage to your property unless we can be shown to be negligent.
Booking & Cancellation<.strong>
1. We will use personal judgment and cut short a walk due to extreme weather conditions e.g. heat storms heavy rain thunder, snow etc for the safety of both your pet/s and ourselves.
2. Reasonable notice is required to cancel a walk or booking. At least 24 hours for walking and 7 days for pet feeding. The normal fee may be incurred if the notice period is too short. On the day cancellations will be charge in full. Sudden illness or hospitalization will not be charged.
3. If you wish to discontinue your regular service the notice period is one calendar month in writing.
4. Please notify us of any holidays at least one month in advance. This allows us time to replace the work.
Payment & Privacy
1. Accepted methods are cash or BACS. We do not accept cheques.
2. If you require an invoice please let us know at the start of each month.
3. Bank holidays, are charged at double the usual rate, Christmas day, Boxing Day, Easter Sunday and New Year’s Day will be charged at treble the usual rate.
4. If the charges are not paid after 10 days then we reserve the right to discontinue the service provided. £10 per month will be charged for interest until the balance is cleared. Once the balance is cleared normal service can resume.
5. Hudson’s Hounds will treat your personal information confidentially and this will not be passed to a third party. Paper data is held securely and computer data including the dog walker application is held under password protected conditions.